If you get this health check message, then the system is having a difficult time accessing your mic.
You can allow mic access by following the instructions seen here:
In addition to allowing mic access in the browser, you may also need to go into the computer's privacy settings to allow mic access for Chrome or Firefox.
Instructions for Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Click Microphone.
- Select the checkbox next to Chrome or Firefox to allow it to access the microphone.
Instructions for Windows:
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
- Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your microphone. (You will want to turn this on)
- Under Choose which apps can access your microphone, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off. (If you see Chrome or Firefox in this list, you will want to turn mic access on here as well.)