When guests click on the link to join you in your episode’s Recording Page, they pass through a green room first.
In this article:
Green Room Flow
The green room is a page that guests go through to enter the Recording Page. The host does not need to admit guests from the green room.
In the green room, guests:
- Allow Zencastr to access their microphone and camera, if access hasn’t already been granted.
📝 Whether guests needs to grant access to both their microphone and camera or just their microphone depends on the episode’s recording mode. The ‘Record Audio and Video’ and ‘Record Audio Only, Show Video’ modes require both microphone and camera access. The ‘Record Audio Only’ mode only requires microphone access.
- Type or confirm their name.
📝 Names can be a maximum of 32 alphanumeric characters. Special characters aren't allowed.
- Select or confirm the selection of their headphones and microphone (and also camera for the ‘Record Audio and Video’ and ‘Record Audio Only, Show Video’ modes).
- Click Join Recording.
- Guests are taken to the Recording Page and placed in the call with the host and any other guests.
Selecting Settings from the Green Room
To select the headphones, microphone, and camera from the green room, guests:
- Allow their web browser to access their microphone (and camera) when prompted.
- Select or confirm the selection of their microphone.
📝 To enter the Recording Page muted, guests can toggle this off.
- Select or confirm the selection of their headphones.
- Select or confirm the selection of their camera.
📝 To enter the Recording Page with the camera off, guests can toggle this off.
Selecting Settings from the Recording Page
To change their headphones, microphone, or camera once exiting the green room, guests:
- In the Recording Page, click Settings
- Select their audio input, audio output, and camera.
- Click Done to close the settings dialog.