Zencastr’s Automatic Postproduction allows you to mix together the separate audio (and video) files that are recorded for you and each of your guests into one combined file.
In this article:
What Automatic Postproduction Does
- Can be run on the files for a total of 4 participants (1 host + 3 guests) at a time.
- Mixes together your audio files with the selected guests’ audio files into one combined file for episodes recorded in any recording mode.
- Also mixes together your audio and video files with the selected guests’ audio and video files into one combined file for episodes recorded in the 'Record Audio and Video' mode.
- Runs audio enhancements such as leveling, noise gating/suppression, and dynamic range compression on your audio files using the Auphonic platfrom. This Zencastr blog post has a more detailed explanation of what the audio enhancements are.
- Gives you an audio podcast file (your audio mixed with your selected guests’ audio) for episodes recorded in any recording mode.
- Also gives you a video podcast file (your audio and video mixed with your selected guests’ audio and video) for episodes recorded in the 'Record Audio and Video' mode.
How to Run Automatic Postproduction
To run Automatic Postproduction:
- When you click Stop to stop the recording, you and each guest keep the Recording Page open until you each see a “Success” popup or dialog.
- After the Success popup displays for each guest, they can individually close the Recording Page on their computers or you click Hang Up Call to end the call for all guests.
- When you have ended the call, click Produce Your Podcast below the video preview.
- Under Choose tracks for postproduction, confirm the selection of the participants whose files you want to mix together, unchecking the name of any guests whose files you don’t want included in the mix.
- Click the dropdown under your name.
- Select the files that you want to include in the mix.
- Click confirm.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for each guest, clicking on the dropdown under their name, selecting their files, and confirming the selection.
- Under Configure audio, leave as Standard Settings or configure your Advanced Settings.
- Review your selections and click Run Postproduction.
- A “Success” popup says you will receive an email when your mix is ready.
- When you receive that email or see the status of your mix change to “Download Podcast” in your Recording Page, your mixed files are available for downloading.
Automatic postproduction pricing is a credits system in which:
- A 1 hour credit = 1 hour of overall recording time run through automatic postproduction. For example, if you and 3 guests record a 1 hour episode, and you run your 8 separate files (4 audio files + 4 video files) through automatic postproduction, your account will be deducted a 1 hour credit.
- The professional plan includes 10 credits per month and pro users can purchase additional credits as needed.
- The hobbyist plan does not include any monthly credits but hobbyist users can purchase credits as needed.
What is the format of the video mixes?
Video mixes are side-by-side for 2 participants, one-over-two for 3 participants, and quadrants for 4 participants.